BUHARI ORDERS DSS TO HARASS EZEIFE AND PAT UTOMI BECAUSE OF OJUKWU
Emeka Ezeife,a former governor of Anambra state was embarrassed
alongside Pat Utomi in Awka recently by officials of the department of
state security service(DSS). They were stopped from speaking at a book
launch by the officials who claimed to be acting on an order from the
presidency. Below is an email he(Ezeife) sent out yesterday;
“The President does not seem to have some conscience by doing certain
things against some people. He does it without thinking back as if there
are some people that should be suppressed and some people who are above
the law.
Let me tell you what is happening now. Now I am in Awka, where young
students decided to launch a book on the vision of our heroes past. They
decided to use Odumegwu Ojukwu’s name in the launching. Some boys ago
met me to play a role in the launching after I went to the University of
Calabar to attend a very beautiful conference where Maitama Sule, Ken
Nnamani, Ibrahim Mantu and others were in attendance.
The same students organized something at Women Development Centre, Awka.
But I arrived Awka at night, I started hearing that the Department of
State Service (DSS) was discouraging the event in Awka, the students had
paid the money for using the Women Development Centre. When I arrived
at night, I went straight to the governor, Dr. Willie Obiano but the
governor was not in town.
I was only able to get through to the Chief of Staff and I asked him why
some people would be treated this way; why the President continued to
treat the South East as if he wants them to leave Nigeria. I do not
know. Some of us are forced to ask that question. Nigeria is not Buhari,
and Buhari is not Nigeria.
I went to the state commissioner of Police in Anambra and discussed the
issue with him, and of course it was not his business, but it is part of
it because if there is violence, he would be involved in controlling
it. But there can be no violence because the people are so peaceful;
nobody was carrying gun or weapon and there was nothing in the launching
that is against the government.
I went to look for the state Director of the SSS, but I could not find
him that night. I met some small young officers but the Anambra state
Police commisioner was kind enough to send me the telephone number of
the state Director of SSS whom I talked to. I explained all the
circumstances and how peaceful everything was and I discovered I was one
of the problems.
Those who talked to the young boys told them they do not like me and Pat
Utomi playing a role in the launching. I called the Director of SSS and
he told me that the directive was from Abuja, that it was a directive
from above and that there was nothing he could do.
He said that I should talk to the
DSS in Abuja and I knew that they all travelled with the President. I
tried to reach the operation officer and his phone would ring and would
not answer. This is what is called humiliation in a very dehumanizing
way.
If the launching was in praise of Ojukwu, what could be wrong in praising him in Anambra state. This is what I am talking about.
You would look at the situation and
you wonder that people who have no business of carrying Ak-47, carry the
weopons and saying that they are taking care of cattles. And the DSS
told a lie against Abia state, a lie that could cause ethnic crisis in
the country. There is no investigation on that.
No comments