Header Ads

Why Buhari may not work South East Federal roads


If what Buhari told Orji Kalu is not just a joke, then Southeast is doomed under President Buhari's administration.

Recall that President Buhari had asked the National Assembly for the approval of a $29.9 billion external borrowing plan, which it was later revealed that South-East Geo-political zones was excluded from the allocation of projects by the Federal Government in the proposed plan.
Following the exclusion of the southeast, the media has been going agog over what they termed as marginalization from the federal government led by Mr. Muhammadu Buhari.
Prior to that, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu in an interview he granted to the The Interview Magazine recently, reviewed that President Muhammadu Buhari may have excluded Southeast intentionally.

According to Orji Kalu in the interview, when asked about his opinion, if the Southeast got a fair deal under former President Jonathan better than Buhari?

Orji said; "I cannot say that, because I remember one time I was talking to President Buhari about our roads. I jokingly said, ‘Sir, if you want to contest in 2019, I would like to see you build Enugu-Onitsha, Enugu-PortHacourt, Arondizogu-Okigwe, Umuahia-Cross River roads.’
"I was just joking with him. He said, ‘Look, you had people in government that could have done it (the roads) – the SGF, the minister of the economy, the deputy Senate president, the deputy Speaker – why didn’t they do it?’ He said he would try to put them in the budget."
That was a big eye opener for me. I have never gone to Mr. President to ask for anything personal from him. I’ve always gone to discuss the collective problem of the Nigerian people. Like when they were talking about Nnamdi Kanu, I know all the discussions I had with the president," Orji Kalu added.

Source: The full interview was published on The Sun Newspaper, November 6th 2016 Edition.

No comments

Biafra: See what Kanu is doing to liberate Biafra

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, Tuesday, declared that its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, and members in foreign countries are currently ...

Powered by Blogger.